This ministry focuses on married couples and the challenges they face maintaining a healthy, happy Orthdox Christian marriage.
When and Where:
Ministry meetings are held on the 1st Thursday of each month at the home of Tom and Elaine Dorlis. See calendar for updated meeting times and date and the address to the home of Tom and Elaine.
Meetings begin at 7:00pm with some social time. Facilitated discussion begins at 7:20pm and ends at 8:15pm (see Meeting Norms below).
This ministry has two goals, both of which should lead to a spiritually healthier and stronger parish:
- Faith: To help couples to grow in their relationships with Christ and with each other.
- Social: To provide an opportunity for couples of our parish to get to know each other better through social time and discussion.
To help us focus our time together and provide opportunities for rich, focused discussion the following meeting norms have been established:
- To establish trust, what is said at the meeting stays at the meeting.
- Judgment is left at the door and not welcome to attend this ministry.
- Every voice in the room has a right to be heard and is encouraged.
- Listening is just as important as speaking.
- The intent of the discussion is not to share personal information unless comfortable doing so.
- We commit to starting and ending each meeting on time. The end time can be extended by consent of the group.
Upcoming and Past Meeting Discussion Resources:
- Meeting 5 - June 13, 2019 (Please bring a small appetizer to share with the group - drinks will be provided)
Our meeting will center around discussion questions about marriage providing us the opportunity to share our experiences and learnings.
- Meeting 4 - April 12, 2019
We attended the final Akathist Service to the Theotokos then went to the Noodle Bar for a joint meal and fellowship.
- Meeting 3 (to be held on Friday, March 7) (Please bring a small appetizer to share with the group - drinks will be provided)
Please bring a small appetizer and one or two of your favorite Lenten recipes to share (the recipes, not the meal)
- Meeting 2 (held on February 7, 2019)
- Meeting 1 (held on January 3, 2019):
Other Resouces Available:
Please note - resources may require password access. Access is limited to the parishioners of St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Bakesfield, CA. Contact email@example.com for password.